Friday 5 October 2012

Research, Research!

All the fun begins again!

I have started to research for my new novel, but this time is all fun, fun, fun as it is a new topic to me!

Research for False Details was good as well don't get me wrong but this topic has all the excitement linked to it of looking at things fresh, not understanding fully the subdivisions between the different beliefs and understanding others personal take on such fascinating subjects.

Paganism, Druidry, Shamanism, Faerys, Magick - as you can see I could go on and on with trying to cover all the topics that I need to cover to get the overall view of all things under the Pagan umbrella.

What makes this fun, other than the fact I am learning lots of new things, I am having to read lots of literature from authors that already write, blog etc on the subjects that are close to their hearts and beliefs.

My Kindle was dusted off last week and I have downloaded e-book after e-book from Amazon after recommendations from a fantastic Facebook page, Pagan e-books for free. I can not speak highly of this magnificent resource for anything Pagan and subjects similar. Everyday the author of the page along with members of the group placed their recommendations.

Here is a link to the page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/PaganeBooksforfree
I would recommend anyone who has an interest, inkling or solid belief of anything that may be covered in this page to have a look.

Going off course, Research! Last night I read two books that covered the topic of Avalon and a fiction book related to All Hallows Eve.

Avalon I got to the second chapter which 30% of the book and I had written three pages of research in my notebook, synapses were going bonkers for the whole time. Words triggered ideas, I got images that the author described in such amazing detail leading me to think about how I can use the similar images.

All Hallows Eve covered the idea of zombies in a village, reminded me of Walking Dead but hey, still a good read as my book is set in a small village. Lots of ideas got from such a short book.

No comments:

Post a Comment