Wednesday 30 November 2011

The Soul Catcher - Alex Kava

The Soul Catcher - MIRA S.

Synopsis:
FBI Special Agent Maggie O'Dell and her partner Tully investigate two cases--the murder of a senator's daughter in Washington, D.C., and a deadly shootout in Massachusetts, both of which are linked to Reverend Joseph Everett, who is dating Maggie's mother.

Review:
This is my second attempt at reading an Alex Kava novel, my first book was 'A Necessary Evil' which I believe is later in the series and found it very clunky and did not really get into the story due to that.
Soul Catcher is pretty much the same as Necessary Evil, I could not get into it. There is too much chapter changing, I lost my way and found I was losing half the story and could not remember what happened at the beginning. So way too many short chapters, I personally would not like to write anything over 40 chapters at a push but this was way beyond that. The writing again, I found very robotic and clunky, it did not seem to flow and the short sentences, yes good for effect and fast pace but for me with the short chapters, I do not like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment