Thursday 1 December 2011

Deflated

I have now had my Cycle to Work scheme bike for 12 months and I think i has run its course in terms of having no problems with it!



I have had 3 punctures in as many days and I am not happy!! Talking about bad things coming in threes...

I could not be bothered with puncture repair kits and as I had a supply of inner tubes I changed the first on Monday for a lovely new one and it was a pain to get off. Always the way with a the first time you have to change a tyre. Once it was sorted, I thought that there would be no more problems, Oh No. How wrong could I be?!

Following morning, I wake up to a flat! Inflated it as I was going to be late for work and sorted it there. For another new inner tube, that old (new) one could have been faulty, I hear you say! So did I!

 Lets hope I don't get to this stage!!

No, No, No (A little alternative Christmas). Yesterday morning, I got to the first of the two hills on my journey, halfway between home and work. I realise I am riding on the rim! So I had a few options:

1) Walk Home - I was halfway so it would take me 15 minutes to walk with the bike. I had less than 45 minutes to get to work. Not a good idea
2) Chain the bike up - Good idea in principle but not a good area to leave it and I only had a loop lock as I was not expecting to leave it anywhere. So not a good idea
3) Walk to work and sort it out later - Yes, I think I would do this but it would take a while pushing a bike! I was in luck, a very kind workmate helped a friend in need! I had a lift the rest of the way and still arrived in time.

Now I still have the problem of a flat, I am going to do some exploring of the issue. Tyre checks and wheel checks to be done. Something must be causing the puncture.

 Me Tomorrow Later Hopefully!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment