Tuesday 4 October 2011

Am i doing enough writing??

I have always found it hard to write for prolonged periods of time, I have a blitz of 45 minutes where all I think about is the writing in front of me.

So to challenge myself to see if i can do some more, I set myself a target of 1 hour the other night and I made it to 50  minutes I just can not break this.

Is it just me or am not alone with my issue?

I have read Tim Weavers Blog on his website and he says he works during the day, gets home has dinner and puts his daughter to bed then writes from 7-11 or until he gets tired.

I suddenly lost my breath, 4 hours of writing after a normal day! I definitely don't feel I am doing enough now then.



A normal session means that I sit in the study with my notepad, a pen and the computer. I have my writing that I have completed and I read through what I have already written and see if there are any changes to be made from last nights efforts. I will then go ahead and start my new writing, pick through my notes and expand on an idea by using the notepad and pen and write to hearts content but I begin to fade at 45 minutes.

I start to mess with whatever is around, with the computer there I usually open the Internet, How can I stop this??

Is this writers block? I don't have a problem with writing though just my attention span!

No comments:

Post a Comment