Wednesday 5 October 2011

New week at work

Today is the first day back this week, shifts eh? I feels really weird starting a week at work in the middle of the week, everyone else is winding down for the week, thinking about the weekend! I am just revving up for the 5 days ahead and thinking about things I can do next week when i am off.

It was tough going today getting started was difficult especially when I have been off for the last set of working days and have the rest days as well. I was greeted by 25 emails mostly circulars about lost property and other things not relevant to me but then after deleting all of them I had 3 left! Thats a lot of junk emails wouldn't you say.



Getting the replies sent back to acknowledge was easy work then the clan started to arrive and had to have a catch up being off work for a week, lots of gossip to get!

Onwards with the work I suppose at that point, went to a meet and greet at a local community centre, had some tea, some more tea and some chats in between...well quite a few actually, today was a success on that front makes a change.

That was me sorted for the day, write the report with all the conversations I had and off home after a meeting with some of the others to change strategies etc very exciting.

I was faced with the tough cycle home, this would not normally be a problem but 10 days of no cycling has left the old legs tired and not up to standard and then there is the gale force winds but as you guessed I made it back safe and sound!

Glad its not raining yet, but at least I have that to look forward to but on the scale of this person (hopefullly)



Going to do some housework (yes men can do this!), cook dinner (I love cooking, not your typical male specimen!). Once this is completed, it is off to write some more for the book, its getting there but wish it was quicker as explained in previous blog I can only write for a period and then I have to do something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment