Thursday 13 October 2011

Ebooks v Publication

First of all let me start with my view point on Ebooks then lets onto the main issue in this blog.

I love to read, and I love read off a freshly picked book off my bookcase, I love to be able to flick through the pages, I love to lie back in bed or on the sofa and get stuck into a good paperback novel.

Well there it is, my whole life I have and will continue to buy books from a bookshop, Amazon or any other shop that sells a book made with paper.

I can not stand the idea that Ebooks have taken away the excitment of looking round for the next installment of whoever and whatever, you now can download the book in minutes.

I would like to point out that all these comments refer to fiction where its the excitement of waiting, and holding that book in your palms.
If I want to learn anything I will continue to search Google!



Now that has been covered onto my little conscience issue, as i have pointed out I love paperbooks.
I have been doing some research into publication and all I am reading as advice seems to be go Ebook route, get yourself established and then once your name is known to the audience move from Epubs to paper.
I dont like this idea but then I want to feel that others can enjoy my blood, sweat and tears from the past 12 months. Read my novel, get my novel, my name known to wide world.
Due to the fact I am writing a blog, shows I hope that I am not a technophobe I know that things have moved on and publication through the old routes are no longer the norm but seeing my Book in Waterstones or else where would be so much better! Isnt it!

Do I send my book to all the people I think will snap my book up first, and get rejected (I know that you have to be reject at some point and it makes you a better writer) and then if only then I am unsuccessful go Ebooks?
Or do I go straight into Ebooks?

No comments:

Post a Comment