Wednesday 12 October 2011

Tess Gerritsen - The Killing Place

BOOK REVIEW



I has been a while since I have read a Tess Gerritsen, I started reading them methodically with first book when I initially discovered her at the local library.
Since then, I have been missing her books as they come out and have found lots of other authors but when I was given this one by a family member thought I would get straight in there as I had finished my last book.
This is part of the Maura and Isles series but not as you would expect them, they are not working together but almost against each other.
There are themes of cults, corruption and pure survival as Isles goes off on a mislead adventure and becomes embroiled in all the things her character is not known for. She loses all her usual calm and collected demeanour when the life she knows starts to disappear all around her.
Maura is the only one that still believes her friend is alive, as the tale develops she is the only one that can save her from the mess she is in.

Personally, I would recommend this to most people I know, but a bit of advice would be read at least one other Tess Gerritsen before starting on this. Really well written and very gripping as the book progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment